Happy Friday y’all! This week we have another “soap box” topic. We are discussing maternity/paternity leave, but we are calling it family leave. We share the research we have done on the benefits of having adequate leave while recovering from having a baby, settling in with life with a newborn, as well as if you are taking leave to take care of a sick relative. We break down the statistics, what companies out there have outstanding medical leave, and discuss somewhat shocking information about the U.S.’s standard federal policies on medical leave.
All we ask is you hang tight and listen through the whole episode. We are asking for adequate medical/family for ALL. Whatever your situation is, we feel we all need to begin to look after each other more.
We hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! Show notes and random stuff links below.
- Maternity Leave Facts and Figures for the U.S.
- How parental leave changed in 2016
- Number of U.S. women taking maternity leave unchanged for two decades
- Maternity Leave Isn’t Getting More Popular
- Economic benefits of paid parental leave
- The Economic Benefits of Paid Leave: Fact Sheet – Joint Economic Committee – United States Congress
- Children benefit from parent leave
- The Companies with the Best Paternal Leave Policies – US
- 50 Companies with Great Maternity Leave
- 12 Cool Companies With Amazing Maternity Leave Policies
- 10 things you need to know about maternity leave in the US
- These 10 countries have the best parental leave policies in the world
- US is one of only four that has no federally mandated policy